- COSPAS-SARSAT Class 2
- Beacon only and speech mode variant
- Waterproof to10meters (nonbouyant)
- Reprogrammable on aircraft
- Low weight and small size
- Simple self-test function
- Antenna options available
500-32 Series of PLB by HR-Smith are ideal choice for both rotary as well as fixed wing aircraft. One of the smallest and lightest on the market, it provides operator with full required functionality.
The beacon activation is either via manual activate button or automatically via the lanyard activation. The PLBs are fully compliant with the COSPAS-SARSAT 406MHz satellite system, featuring embedded GPS for enhanced
Various antenna options facilitate the beacons use with pilot life vests, life rafts or stowage on commercial aircraft.
The 121.5MHz enables SAR homing/DF and optional 2-way speech when the SAR aircraft is in visual range.